OUT OF PRINT — LIMITED AVAILABILITY!
"Prior to embarking on my first feature film THE DEAD NEXT DOOR in 1985, I cut my teeth making more than 30 short films as a kid. After discovering the Super-8mm camera my mother used to document childhood events buried in a closet, my school chum David Barton and I began churning out our own versions of the stuff we grew up with, from STAR WARS to THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN to a backyard version of ZOMBIE that planted the seeds of what would come later.
Although some of those shorts were never finished, the VHS tape you hold in your hands has nearly two hours of the stuff that did make the cut — available for the first time outside of family and friends in this super-rare release made exclusively for VHS Fest 2018. Gasp in excitement as STAR WARS action figures are poorly animated! Recoil in terror as neighbor kids are lathered in fake blood! Thrill as I finally get my hands on a camera capable of recording sound and begin producing half-baked music videos of my favorite ‘80s tunes!
It's all here for your amusement, should you dare to accept the challenge of watching… SHOCKING SHORTS!"
July 2018 • North Canton, Ohio
- THE RETURN OF DARTH VADER (1978-1979)
- THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN (1979)
- THE FLESH EATER (1979)
- BURNING OF THE SALEM WITCHES (1979)
- THE MUPPET MOVIE II (1979)
- ALIEN (1979)
- ZOMBIE (1980)
- LASERBLAST (1981)
- THE THING FROM SPACE (1981)
- THE SKULLFACE KILLER (1981)
- THE SKULLFACE KILLER PART II (1983)
- THE CARD GAME (1982)
- SWINGIN’ (1983)
- OUR HOUSE (1983)
- THE DEAD NEXT DOOR (Music Video, 1984)
- EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT PRINTING (1983)
- I WANT A NEW DRUG (1984)
- MOTHER (1984)
- SOMEBODY’S WATCHING ME (1984)
- OBSCENE PHONE CALLER (1984)
- THE BEAUTIFUL ONES (1984)
- GO INSANE (1985)
- J.R. & D.O.C.’S STUPID TRICKS & QUESTIONS (1985)
- TOMORROW (1985)
110 mins. • Color • VHS NTSC • Not Rated • Cat. No. PPF-V006