Shot over three and half days in February, 1992 for under $1,500, “Galaxy of the Dinosaurs” keeps tongue firmly in cheek as producer J.R. Bookwalter (“The Dead Next Door”) brazenly intercuts 35mm stock footage from the 1977 movie “Planet of the Dinosaurs” into this camcorder quickie shot in the woods behind his father’s Mogadore, Ohio house. The results are as outrageous as you might expect, one of several reasons the original VHS release remains a coveted collector’s item nearly three decades later.
Stopping for a brief lunch break on the planet Gurgon (which looks remarkably like Earth), five innocent Zyroxans (who look remarkably like humans) encounter chaos and terror when a race of ferocious dinosaurs become hell-bent on turning their intergalactic field trip into a full-fledged fright fest!
Remastered from original Super-VHS-C camera masters with additional 2020 restoration work, “Galaxy of the Dinosaurs” roars onto Blu-ray together with never-before-seen bonus materials from the Tempe vaults, three audio commentaries, and original 1992 home video presentation captured from the archival edit master.
- 2001 Remastered Feature in 4:3 Original Aspect Ratio (1.33:1) with Additional 2020 Restoration Work
- DTS HD-MA & Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo Mixes
- 2020 Audio Commentary with stars James Black, Christine Morrison, Tom Hoover & James L. Edwards, moderated by Ross Snyder of Saturn’s Core Audio & Video
- 2003 Audio Commentary with producer J.R. Bookwalter and star James Black
- “Greetings from Planet Gurgon” featuring interviews with writer Jon Killough and actors Christine Morrison & James L. Edwards (6 mins., HD)
- Bloopers & Outtakes (11 mins.)
- Behind The Scenes (17 mins.)
- Into The Black: “Galaxy of the Dinosaurs” (7 mins.)
- Bad Movie Police Case #1 (8 mins.)
- Jessica Mills, Reporting (1 min.)
- 1992 Original VHS Release Version
- 2020 Original VHS Version Audio Commentary with Doug Tilley and Moe Porne of The No-Budget Nightmares Podcast
- Vintage Promo Trailer (2 mins.)
- Optional English subtitles
- Tempe Digital Trailers
- While Supplies Last! Includes BONUS Reversible Wrap with 2020 Artwork by Alex Sarabia, Arturo Louga & Carlo Chablé with Title Treatment by Timothy Rooker and Original 1991 Cinema Home Video VHS Release Artwork by David Lange
- Color Insert with Free Vimeo On Demand Streaming Digital Copy
Sold Separately: Reversible 10" x 13" Mini-Poster with "Humanoids from Atlantis" (While Supplies Last)
1992 • Color • 62 mins. • Sci-Fi / Comedy • Not Rated • Region-Free • NTSC