Faced with a prolonged bitter Ohio winter in March, 1992 and a distributor release date just weeks away, producer J.R. Bookwalter (“The Dead Next Door”) had no choice but to toss out the majority of his “Humanoids From Atlantis” screenplay and have the cast and crew make it up as they went along. The result is a complete cinematic abomination that has to be seen to be believed, but strangely compelling in a meta kind of way.
Aspiring filmmaker Ken Adams has just received financing for his first professional documentary on the city’s local lake. What he doesn’t know is that the assignment will put him on a collision course with the last survivor from the long-lost aquatic city of Atlantis in an epic tooth-and-fang struggle between man and mutant!
Featuring additional restoration work performed on the only surviving original Super-VHS edit master, “Humanoids From Atlantis” washes ashore onto Blu-ray together with newly-created and never-before-seen archival bonus materials from the Tempe vaults, three audio commentaries, the untouched 1992 home video presentation, and an all-new live reading of the complete uncut screenplay featuring the original cast.
- 2004 Remastered Feature in 4:3 Original Aspect Ratio (1.33:1) with Additional 2020 Restoration Work
- DTS HD-MA & Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo Mixes
- 2020 Audio Commentary with stars James L. Edwards, Christine Morrison & Tom Hoover, moderated by Ross Snyder of Saturn’s Core Audio & Video
- 2004 Audio Commentary with producer J.R. Bookwalter, star Sandra Wurzer, and cover artist David Lange
- Live Cast Reading of Complete Original Screenplay with actors James L. Edwards, Sandra Wurzer, Jesse Bean, Christine Morrison, Tom Hoover, Benjamin Bookwalter, and J.R. Bookwalter, hosted by Doug Tilley and Moe Porne of The No-Budget Nightmares Podcast (91 mins., HD)
- “Fish Out of Water” featuring interviews with actors James L. Edwards, Christine Morrison & Tom Hoover (6 mins., HD)
- 2020 Location Tour with star James L. Edwards (4 mins., HD)
- Hemorrhoids From Uranus (11 mins.)
- Bad Movie Police Case #3 with optional audio commentary by producer J.R. Bookwalter and star Ariauna Albright (14 mins.)
- 1992 Original VHS Release Version
- 2020 Original VHS Version Audio Commentary with Doug Tilley and Moe Porne of The No-Budget Nightmares Podcast
- Vintage Promo Trailer (4 mins.)
- Optional English Subtitles
- Tempe Digital Trailers
- While Supplies Last! Includes BONUS Reversible Wrap with 2020 artwork by Alex Sarabia, Arturo Louga & Carlo Chablé with title treatment by Timothy Rooker and original 1991 Cinema Home Video VHS release artwork by David Lange
- Color Insert with Free Vimeo On Demand Streaming Digital Copy
Sold Separately: Reversible 10" x 13" Mini-Poster with "Galaxy of the Dinosaurs" (While Supplies Last)
1992 • Color • 48 mins. • Sci-Fi / Comedy • Not Rated • Region-Free • NTSC