After making his mark with a series of offbeat gory horror movies, producer J.R. Bookwalter (“The Dead Next Door”) took a rare detour into the revenge subgenre with “Maximum Impact,” a shot-on-video action thriller which never quite has a chance to live up to its ambitious title. Shot in December, 1991 on a shoestring budget of less than $2,500, this misguided effort remains an elusive find for hardcore VHS collectors nearly 30 years after release.
While on business in the city, insurance salesman Jerry Handley rescues a teenage prostitute from a ruthless pimp and his thugs. In retaliation, the gang raids Jerry’s sleepy community, killing whoever stands in the way until an average man has no choice but to unleash his own special brand of vengeance!
Painstakingly restored from original Super-VHS-C camera masters with a dynamic new 5.1 surround remix, camcorder drama “Maximum Impact” barrels onto Blu-ray together with never-before-seen bonus materials from the Tempe vaults, three audio commentaries, and original 1992 home video presentation captured from the archival edit master.
- 2020 Restored Feature in 4:3 Original Aspect Ratio (1.33:1)
- DTS HD-MA & Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Remixes
- 2020 Audio Commentary with stars James Black, Christine Morrison & James L. Edwards, moderated by Ross Snyder of Saturn’s Core Audio & Video
- 2007 Audio Commentary with producer J.R. Bookwalter and stars Ken Jarosz, Jo Norcia & Bill Morrison
- "Crime Comes to Duncan Falls" featuring interviews with co-writer Thomas Brown and actors Christine Morrison & James L. Edwards (5 mins., HD)
- “Minimum Impact” featuring archival interviews with writer Thomas Brown, director Lance Randas, producers J.R. Bookwalter & Scott P. Plummer, actors Christine Morrison, Bill Morrison & James L. Edwards, and makeup effects artist David P. Barton (8 mins.)
- Bloopers & Outtakes (27 mins.)
- Into The Black: “Maximum Impact” (5 mins.)
- 1991 Original VHS Release Version
- 2020 Original VHS Version Audio Commentary with Doug Tilley and Moe Porne of The No-Budget Nightmares Podcast
- 2007 Trailer (2 mins.)
- Vintage Promo Trailer (4 mins.)
- Optional English Subtitles
- Tempe Digital Trailers
- While Supplies Last! Includes BONUS Reversible Wrap with 2020 Artwork by Timothy Rooker and Original 1991 Cinema Home Video VHS Release Artwork
- Color Insert with Free Vimeo On Demand Streaming Digital Copy
Sold Separately: Reversible 10" x 13" Mini-Poster with "Chickboxer" (While Supplies)
1992 • Color • 62 mins. • Thriller / Action • Not Rated • Region-Free • NTSC